We find this to be a very common question with many homeowners. While a flickering light may not be a sign of a potential serious electrical problem, flickering lights throughout the home may be a sign there is a major problem brewing.
First, we need to understand what an electrical surge is and where they come from. A surge is a spike in electrical voltage in your homes electrical system. These surges are typically brief but can be very damaging to your home’s electronics and appliances.
A home standby generator is installed outside your home. It is connected to your homes electrical service and a fuel supply, typically natural gas, or LP tank. The generator system is constantly monitoring the presence of utility power.